I love anything Tex-Mex and this recipe is so good. It’s a must try. The super easy recipe is below. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 2 cans of Rotel (or any can of tomatoes with chilis will work)
- 1 can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 2 packages of cornbread mix
- diced jalapeños (optional)
- eggs and milk (per cornbread directions)
- Brown hamburger meat and drain. Add drained Rotel, and undrained Ranch Style beans. Return to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions. Then add ½ cup of cheese and mix well.
- Spread ½ of cornbread into the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
- Spoon in hamburger mixture. Add diced jalapeno to taste. (optional)
- Sprinkle on remaining cheese.
- Top with other ½ of cornbread mixture.
- Bake at 350 until cornbread is browned.